Betting without understanding what you’re actually betting on is a surefire way to lose money. Central to every bet are the odds that are bet on and Bundesliga betting odds are no different.
|Rot||To Win Germany Bundesliga 1 2022/23||Moneyline|
|11||Hertha Bsc Berlin||+25000|
How Do Odds Work in the Bundesliga?
American odds, which are the most common display of Bundesliga betting odds, are expressed in (+) or (-) form. The plus sign indicates the underdog while the minus sign indicates the favorite. For example, a bet placed at -115 odds means that one would have to risk $115 to return $100 on the bet. On the contrary, a bet placed at +115 means that a bettor risking $100 would return $115.
In soccer, point spreads are called the goal line. Often, the goal line is listed as -½ for the favorite because soccer features relatively few goals. When betting on a ½-point favorite, it means that you’re taking the team to win by at least one. So, a 1-0 scoreline or better to the favorite wins the bet, but a draw or loss would lose it.
German Bundesliga moneyline betting odds, and soccer moneyline odds in general, follow a different format from other sports. Three-way moneylines are most common, meaning you can bet on either side to win, or a draw. Because of a higher likelihood of draws, soccer can be one of the more difficult sports to bet on successfully.
Parlays can be a fun way to boost your odds by combining multiple matches in one bet. Parlaying all of the Bundesliga matches in a single weekend would translate to a nine-team parlay.
If you’re confident about how many goals a team is going to score in a given match, betting on totals is for you. Bettors can take both the over and under for a single team total or the match total.
Taking a team’s Bundesliga odds to win is an example of a futures bet. Furthermore, bets on a team’s odds to finish in the top four, to be relegated or a player to win the Golden Boot are also popular.
Examples of Betting
- Point Spreads: Borussia Dortmund are 1½-goal favorites at home vs. Mainz at -115 odds. If you think Borussia Dortmund will win by two or more goals you might bet on them to cover the goal line.
- Moneyline: If you think Bayern Munich will defeat Bayer Leverkusen, you’ll take Bayern to win at -170 Bundesliga betting odds.
- Parlays: Say SC Freiburg, Eintracht Frankfurt and Borussia Moenchengladbach have favorable matchups one weekend. If you take all of them to win in a three-team parlay at +650 odds, a bet of just $10 would return $65 if it wins.
- Totals: If you think a match between RB Leipzig and Koln will be a low scoring affair, you could take under 2½ goals. If you think Leipzig will shut out Koln, you also take Koln under ½.
- Futures: If you believe Patrik Schick will win the Golden Boot, you could take his futures odds at +400.