2023 Copa del Rey Odds
The Copa del Rey, or King’s Cup, is a prestigious knockout competition in Spanish soccer, organized by the Royal Spanish Football Federation. Established in 1903, the final match is generally held at a neutral venue; the winner of the competition secures a spot in the UEFA Europa League, as well as a place in the Supercopa de España match.
You can follow all the latest Copa del Rey betting odds with PointSpreads.com.
How Are Copa del Rey Odds Calculated?
Copa del Rey odds are calculated based on the statistics that relate to the specific match you want to bet on. The higher the probability of an event occurring, the lower the value of the odds. Let’s take an example: a cup game between FC Barcelona and Deportivo Alavés.
FC Barcelona -playing in La Liga– are naturally expected to win by the experts when they play Deportivo Alavés, who are in a lower position in the league. In this case, a Copa del Rey bet of the type “FC Barcelona Victory” will be offered at relatively low odds by sports betting sites, since the probability of a Barcelona victory is quite high.
On the contrary, the Copa del Rey odds offered for the “Deportivo Alavés Win” bet will be high, since the chances of the underdogs winning are relatively low, considering the statistics and history. The odds on Copa del Rey matches will vary according to the data and stats of each club, player, and even coach! Keep in mind that FC Barcelona will likely field a weakened line-up.
The odds will fluctuate throughout the match, depending on what is happening on the pitch. If Deportivo Alavés opens the scoring at Camp Nou, the odds for their victory will drop for your live bet, while the odds for a Barcelona success will increase.
Betting Tips With Copa del Rey Odds
1. Check the Copa del Rey Schedule: Before placing any bets, make sure to review the schedule for upcoming matches. This will give you an idea of which teams are playing, where they’re playing, and when the matches will take place. This information can help you make more informed bets based on team form, injuries, and other factors.
2. Review the Copa del Rey Standings: Keep an eye on the current standings to see which teams are performing well in the competition. This can help you identify which teams are likely to progress to the later stages of the competition, which can impact the odds for future matches.
3. Track Copa del Rey Scores: Stay up to date on the latest scores and results from the competition. This can help you identify trends in team performance, as well as which teams are likely to score and concede goals.
4. Focus on the 2022-2023 Copa del Rey: While it’s important to review past seasons to identify trends and patterns, make sure to focus your attention on the current season. This will give you the most up-to-date information on team form, injuries, and other factors that can impact your betting decisions.
5. Research Copa del Rey Teams: Take the time to research the teams competing in the competition. Look at their past performance in the Copa del Rey, as well as their current form in domestic and international competitions. This will help you make more informed bets based on team strengths and weaknesses.
6. Consider Multiple Betting Markets: Finally, don’t limit yourself to just one betting market. There are a range of markets available for Copa del Rey matches, including match result, over/under, first goal scorer, and more. Consider different betting markets to find the ones that offer the best value and align with your betting strategy.
Copa del Rey Rounds Explained:
The Copa del Rey features a single-elimination format, meaning that teams are eliminated from the competition if they lose one single match. The rounds in this format for the Copa del Rey are as follows:
This is the earliest stage of the competition and involves lower-tier teams from various leagues and regions in Spain. The preliminary round typically involves teams that are not part of the professional leagues, and the winners advance to the following round, called the First Round.
This is the actual first stage of the competition, which involves lower-ranked teams from the professional leagues and semi-professional teams from Segunda División B and Tercera División. The winners of this First Round advance to the Second Round.
This stage of the competition involves the winners of the First Round. The winners of the Second Round advance to the Round of 32.
This stage of the competition involves the winners of the Second Round and the top teams from La Liga (the first-tier Spanish league). The winners of the Round of 32 advance to the Round of 16.
This stage of the competition involves the 16 teams that have advanced from the Round of 32. The winners of the Round of 16 advance to the Quarter-Finals.
This stage of the competition involves the eight teams that have advanced from the Round of 16. The winners of the Quarter-Finals advance to the Semi-Finals.
This stage of the competition involves the four teams that have advanced from the Quarter-Finals. The winners of this Semi-Finals stage advance to the Final.
This is the last stage of the competition and involves the two teams that have advanced from the Semi-Finals. The winner of this Final stage is crowned the Copa del Rey champion.
2023 Copa del Rey Schedule
Matchups & Results
Date: Tuesday 17th January, 2023
Date: Wednesday 18th January, 2023
- Matchup: Alaves vs Sevilla
- Score: 0-1
- Winner: Sevilla
- Matchup: Sporting vs Valencia CF
- Score: 0-4
- Winner: Valencia CF
- Matchup: Athletic Club vs Espanyol
- Score: 1-0
- Winner: Athletic Club
- Matchup: Levante vs Atletico de Madrid
- Score: 0-2
- Winner: Atletico de Madrid
- Matchup: Betis vs Osasuna
- Score: 2-2
- Winner: Osasuna wins on penaltis 2- 4
Date: Thursday 19th January, 2023
- Matchup: Ceuta vs Barcelona
- Score: 0-5
- Winner: Barcelona
About Copa del Rey
All professional and amateur Spanish football clubs can participate in the Copa del Rey draw. The competition consists of several rounds, with the draw taking place after each round. In case of a tie, the elements used as tiebreakers will be extra time and penalties, in order to define a winner.
The winning team of the Copa del Rey gets to keep the trophy for one whole year; it also earns a qualification spot in the Europa League. With lower league teams and amateurs having the home advantage, upsets and surprises are common in the competition, leading to progress for teams with high Copa del Rey betting odds.
FC Barcelona holds the record for the most Copa del Rey titles won over the years. The venue for the Copa del Rey final changes every year and is held at a neutral location. As a fun fact, the competition has the tradition of having all starting eleven players assigned numbers 1 to 11, based on their position.
|2019-2020||Real Sociedad||Athletic Bilbao|
- Lionel Messi – 53 goals
- Telmo Zarra – 81 goals
- José Samitier – 69 goals
- Ferenc Puskás – 49 goals
- Quini – 48 goals