Tigers vs Astros Betting Odds
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
LAST 10 GAMES
HEAD TO HEAD
TEAM RANKED STATS
LATEST MLB NEWS
Tigers vs Astros Highlights
Key Facts of History
The Detroit Tigers and Houston Astros have a relatively short but eventful history as opponents. They first met in 1962 when the Astros were still known as the Colt .45s. Since then, the teams have faced each other over 600 times, with the Astros holding a slight edge in the all-time series. As the Tigers and Astros prepare to face off in their next matchup, fans and sports bettors alike are eagerly anticipating the Tigers vs Astros Betting Preview, which will provide insights and predictions for the upcoming game.
One of the most memorable moments in the Tigers vs Astros rivalry came during the 2017 American League Championship Series. In Game 4, Astros outfielder Carlos Correa hit a walk-off double to give his team a 2-1 series lead. The Astros would go on to win the series and eventually capture their first World Series title.
Greatest Team Players
Over the years, both the Tigers and Astros have boasted some impressive talent on their rosters. One of the most legendary Tigers players of all time is Ty Cobb, who played for the team from 1905-1926. Cobb is widely regarded as one of the greatest MLB players ever, and he holds numerous records to this day. As fans reminisce about the glory days of Ty Cobb and other great players from the past, many are also eagerly anticipating the Tigers vs Astros Betting Preview for their next matchup, which will provide valuable information for those looking to place bets on the game.
The Houston Astros have also had their fair share of notable players, including Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell, and Lance Berkman. However, perhaps the most famous Astros player of all time is Nolan Ryan. Ryan played for the team from 1980-1988 and established himself as one of the most dominant pitchers in baseball history.
- The Detroit Tigers were one of the original eight teams that formed the American League in 1901.
- The Houston Astros were originally known as the Colt .45s when they entered the National League in 1962. They changed their name to the Astros in 1965 when they moved into the Astrodome.
- The Tigers won their most recent World Series championship in 1984.
- The Astros won their first World Series championship in 2017.
- Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander won the American League Cy Young Award in 2011 and 2019. He also won the Most Valuable Player Award in 2011.
- Astros second baseman José Altuve won the American League Most Valuable Player Award in 2017.
- The Tigers and Astros both play their home games in stadiums named after energy companies. The Tigers play at Comerica Park, named after Comerica Bank, while the Astros play at Minute Maid Park, named after the Minute Maid Company.
- The Tigers and Astros have faced each other in interleague play every year since 2013.
In conclusion, the Tigers vs Astros rivalry may not be the most storied in baseball history, but it has produced its fair share of memorable moments and talented players. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or a casual observer, this matchup is sure to be an exciting one to watch and bet on.