Rays vs Nationals Betting Odds
RETURN OF INVESTMENT
LAST 10 GAMES
HEAD TO HEAD
TEAM RANKED STATS
RaysVISIT TEAM PAGE
NationalsVISIT TEAM PAGE
LATEST MLB NEWS
Rays vs Nationals Highlights
Keyfacts of History
The Tampa Bay Rays and the Washington Nationals have only faced off against each other a handful of times since the Nationals moved to Washington D.C. in 2005. The Rays and the Nationals have only played 6 games against each other, with the Rays winning 3 and the Nationals winning 3. In their most recent meeting in 2019, the Rays won 6-1 in a dominant performance. However, with both teams having new additions to their rosters, it’s hard to predict who will come out on top in the next Rays vs Nationals Betting Preview.
Team All-Time Greats
The Tampa Bay Rays have had a few standout players over the years, including Evan Longoria, Carl Crawford, and David Price. Longoria, in particular, had a memorable performance in the 2008 World Series when he hit a home run in the bottom of the 6th inning of Game 5 to give the Rays the lead.
The Washington Nationals have a more storied history, dating back to their days as the Montreal Expos. Notable players from the franchise’s history include Vladimir Guerrero, Pedro Martinez, and Andre Dawson. Since moving to Washington D.C., the Nationals have had plenty of success as well, with players like Bryce Harper, Max Scherzer, and Stephen Strasburg leading the way. Keep these historical and notable players, as well as curious facts in mind when placing your bets for the upcoming Rays vs Nationals Betting Preview.
- The Washington Nationals won their first World Series in 2019, defeating the Houston Astros in a thrilling 7-game series.
- The Tampa Bay Rays have only been around since 1998, but they’ve had plenty of success in their short history. They’ve won two American League pennants and made it to the World Series once in 2008.
- Both the Rays and the Nationals play in unique ballparks. The Rays play at Tropicana Field, which features a roof that can be opened or closed depending on the weather. The Nationals play at Nationals Park, which boasts a beautiful view of the Washington Monument and the U.S. Capitol building.
- The Rays are known for their “opener” strategy, where they start a relief pitcher for the first inning or two before bringing in a traditional starting pitcher. This strategy has been successful for them in recent years.
- The Nationals have a racing president mascots tradition, where giant caricatures of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and Theodore Roosevelt race around the field during the fourth inning of every home game.
- The Rays and the Nationals have only faced each other once in interleague play, with the Nationals winning the game 1-0 in 2012.
In conclusion, the Rays vs Nationals Betting Preview is shaping up to be an interesting MLB matchup. While the two teams haven’t faced each other very often, they both have plenty of talent on their rosters. With the game taking place at Tropicana Field, it will be interesting to see if the Rays can use their home-field advantage to secure a win.Follow us on Twitter