LoL Worlds 2022 Odds and Overview
Best of The Best in LoL to Play the LoL Worlds 2022
After two years of hybrid tournament setbacks due to COVID-19 restrictions, one of the most significant esports events of 2022, LoL Worlds, is back and bigger than ever. The best teams from around the world will be converging in North America to fight for the Summoner’s Cup, the title of best LoL team, and a prize pool of $2.25 million.
The best of the best in LoL will play the LoL Worlds 2022 on the 12.18 patch that was recently released for all players. Ahead of the tournament, Riot Games teamed up with Tiffany & Co. to give the iconic Summoner’s Cup championship trophy a modern look and a more ergonomic form using “sterling silver, fine silver, stainless steel, brass, and wood.”
However, before the winning team lifts the redesigned trophy, pop star and Montero singer Lil Nas X will grace the Finals stage on November 5 to perform the official Worlds 2022 anthem, Star Walkin’.
What is League of Legends?
LoL is a 5v5 matchup game in which the victory condition is to destroy the nexus structure in the other team’s base. Bases are connected via three paths (often referred to as “anes”), which are the primary way each team engages the other. The lanes consist of the following:
- Each base spawns minions regularly to attack the other teteam’sase. You are killing these minions with “l” st hits,” “hich nets each player gold to purchase items and experience to gain new levels and abilities.
- Turrets are defensive structures that fire projectiles at enemy players and minions.
- Inhibitors are structures at the end of each lane. Destroying the inhibitor creates a powerful new minion that can lead the charge against the enemy base.
- Between the lanes are the jungle areas, filled with neutral monsters that teams can kill for experience, gold, and buffs.
Each player will select their champion at the start of the round. Every champion has specific abilities and can help the team in various Each character may fulfill different roles. The roles in LoL are:
- Tanks are melee characters that can take more damage than other characters. They protect other characters in team fights and try to take damage, so others dodon’tave h to.
- Supports are characters whose primary goal is to protect allies and give them buffs.
- Fighters are generally characters with less survivability than tanks, but they deal more damage to other players and are good in solo encounters.
- Assassins are characters that focus on dealing “burst damage,” or a large amount of damage in a concise amount of time, to kill enemy players effectively.
- Marksmen and Mages are called “carries.” “This is because these characters grow much more robust in the late game after starting relatively weaker early.
Tournament Format & Event Information
- Date: From September 29 to November 5.
- Arena de LLA, Mexito City, Mexico
- Hulu Theater del Madison Square Garden, New York, USA.
- Scotiabank Arena, Toronto, Canada
- Chase Center, San Francisco, USA.
- Prize Pool: $2.25 million.
The tournament will go over five weeks in three stages: The play-in stage, the group stage, and the knockouts. LoL Worlds 2022 will take place from September 29 to November 5.
The Play-Ins Stage will run from September 29 to October 4, while Group Stage will run from October 7 to the 10th and the 13th to the 16th.
The Knockout Stage is scheduled as follows:
- Quarterfinals: October 20 to 23
- Semifinals: October 29 to 30
- Grand final: November 5
The first stage is the play-in groups, which consist of 12 teams front the various regions split into two groups of six. The top team of each group immediately qualifies for the Group Stage.
Each group second, third, and fourth-placed teams will advance to the second round of Play-Ins, where teams will play matches in best-of-fives. Two winners will go to the Group Stage.
Including those four teams who made it past the play-in stage, the remaining 16 teams will be drawn into four groups. The Group Stage will be played in a double round-robin best-of-one format. The top two teams in each group will advance to the Knockout Stage, while the bottom two teams will be eliminated.
The remaining eight teams will play in a single-elimination bracket where first placed-teams will face off second-placed teams from another group in a live series. The two teams who play in the Grand Final will play in the same format as the rest of the Knockout Stage.
The Worlds Play-In stage will occur before the tournaments main event. The Play-In Stage traditionally puts the champions of pro League’sinor regions against the lowest-qualifying teams from the smaller regions.
This year, 12 teams will participate in the Play-In stage, with the top four advancing to the group stage of Worlds. Here are the groups for the Worlds 2022 Play-In stage, along with their LoL betting odds to top the group:
- Beyond Gaming (+800)
- Chiefs Esports Club (+3300)
- Evil Geniuses (+130)
- DetonatioN FocusMe (+1800)
- Fnatic (-130)
- LOUD (+4000)
- DRX (+200)
- Instanbul Wildcats (+5000)
- Isurus (+10’000)
- MAD Lions (+1000)
- Royal Never Give Up (-250)
- Saigon Buffalos (+3300)
There are a few surprise teams at this stage of the tournament. Teams like Royal Never Give Up, Fnatic, Evil Geniuses, and DRX are some of the better teams going into the Play-In Stage. In most cases, fans would expect them all to make it to the Group Stage like the other tournament favorites.
Nearly all four groups at the main event are complete. Each group has one slot to fill by a play-in team. The groups for the play-in stage were revealed today, with 12 teams running to qualify for the main event. The top four will be slotted into the lowest-placing groups.
Here’s how the team auto-qualified teams were sorted into their four groups at the LoL Worlds group draw, along with their esports betting odds to top the group according to the sportsbook:
- Cloud9 (+1100)
- T1 (+100)
- Edward Gaming (+100)
- ??? (+1100)
- JD Gaming (-250)
- G2 Esports (+900)
- DWG KIA (+250)
- ??? (+1500)
- Rogue (+911)
- Top Esports (-385)
- GAM Esports (+1400)
- ??? (+608)
- 100 Thieves (+1900)
- CTBC Flying Oyster (+5000)
- Gen.G (-250)
- ??? (+150)
LoL Worlds Esports Betting Odds
There are clear favorites competing in LoL Worlds 2022 odds. With JD Gaming, Top Esports, and Gen.G competing, it’s hard to want to bet on anyone else. Although, there are three teams to keep an eye on that are not at the top of the board. Those three teams are T1, Edward Gaming, and Fnatic, along with their outright odds.
Even though they lost the Summer playoff finals against Gen.G, the current T1 roster is not to be taken for granted. They’re Still capable of outplaying 99% of the opposition. T1 is in group A with Cloud9 and Edward Gaming. While we don’t know who the last team in the group will be, looking at the play-in contenders, none should be a real issue for T1, assuming they’ll play at their best.
Edward Gaming (+600)
At +600, is Edward Gaming a solid choice for your 2022 LoL Worlds betting futures? Well, it’s not the worst choice, that’s for sure. We’re talking about the LPL Regional Finals winners following a superb triumph over RNGU in the finals. But, their LPL Summer campaign was not what anyone expected. They finished in third place after losing to Top Esports.
The true underdogs of the tournament, Fnatic, are the least favorite team assuming they make it past the Play-In Stage. They have not won trophies in the last two years but have remained consistent in their placements and squad. However, they have kept the same players since making one change after the 2020 Worlds. The chemistry and skill are there to upset nearly anyone. Betting on a team like Fnatic at +4500 seems like a steal and a half. However, it could be worth the risk, even if it’s a small bet.Follow us on Twitter