Benzema Back in Training for Real
Defending La Liga champions Real Madrid have made a huge statement in the early stages of the season. Real are 6-0 and remain the only perfect team in the top-five European leagues. Now, they’re looking at getting Karim Benzema back from injury, making them more dangerous. A much-improved Osasuna head to the Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday to try to stop Real in their tracks. Let’s take a look at both teams and the betting odds in this Real Madrid vs Osasuna matchup preview.
La Liga – Real Madrid vs Osasuna Game Info:
- Location: Santiago Bernabeu, Madrid, Spain
- Date & Time:
- Streaming: Live Stream Sports
Our Real Madrid vs Osasuna matchup preview highlights the fact that Real have been dominant in this fixture. Real Madrid have won seven of the last nine meetings and the other two were draws. In fact, Real are unbeaten in their last 14 matches vs Osasuna, with ten wins and four draws since 2011. Notably, two of the last four fixtures have finished in scoreless draws, including last season’s match in Madrid. Real won 3-1 in the other meeting in Pamplona last season.
Real Lose Modric Following International Break
- La Liga Record: 6-0, 18 pts, 1st
- La Liga Form: W,W,W,W,W
- Injuries and Suspensions: M Lucas Vazquez (Day-to-Day), M Luka Modric (Out), F Karim Benzema (Day-to-Day)
While Real Madrid could get Karim Benzema back on Sunday, they won’t have a former Ballon D’or winner. While playing for Croatia, Luka Modric injured his hip and should be out for a couple of weeks. Either Fede Valverde or Eduardo Camavinga could take his place in the meantime.
Real Madrid are at the top of the La Liga standings, one point ahead of Barcelona. Both Spanish giants are currently priced at even money odds to win La Liga. Real have also scored at least two goals in every match they’ve played this season. Vinicius Jr. is a big reason why. The Brazilian winger is fourth in the La Liga rankings, with four goals, and he’s also added an assist. It’s been Rodrygo who has been Real’s most efficient offensive player, though. Another Brazilian winger, Rodrygo is averaging 1.57 goals + assists per 90 minutes.
Rodrygo and Fede Valverde were the two goal scorers in the Real Madrid Derby win over Atletico Madrid. With wins already over Atletico, RB Leipzig, Celtic, Real Betis and Eintracht Frankfurt, Real have already passed tough tests this season. The only knock on them is that they’ve conceded one goal in every La Liga match they’ve played this season.
Osasuna Raising Eyebrows
- La Liga Record: 4-2, 12 pts, 5th
- La Liga Form: L,W,W,L,W
- Injuries and Suspensions: M Ruben Pena (Day-to-Day), F Ezequiel Avila (Suspended)
Pamplona based club Osasuna quietly finished in 10th place in La Liga last season. That was despite scoring the fifth-fewest goals in the league. They’re not on pace for many more goals this season but their defense has certainly improved. Osasuna are in fifth place in La Liga heading into Matchday 7, with a record of four wins and two losses.
Even in fifth place, Osasuna’s La Liga odds are +30000. They’re not necessarily expected to keep this pace up but they do have a win over Sevilla to boast this season. They’ve also kept shutouts in half of their matches so far and only four teams have conceded fewer goals.
Unfortunately for Osasuna, forward Ezequiel Avila picked up a red card in their last match. That means their leading scorer will be out for Sunday’s clash at Real Madrid. A trip to the Santiago Bernabeu is always tough and this makes things much more complicated. Croatian Ante Budimir or Aimar Oroz may be called upon in his absence.
Odds & Preview
Our Real Madrid vs Osasuna matchup preview highlights the fact that Osasuna haven’t won at the Santiago Bernabeu since 2004. Real Madrid have been dominant in this fixture and it explains why they’re priced at -295 odds. Los Blancos are also 1½-goal favorites and three of their six wins have come by a two-goal or more margin. With presumed Ballon D’or winner Karim Benzema probably back, Real are complete on offense once again.
Punters may fancy another one at +465 odds but it would take a huge defensive effort for Osasuna.
- Osasuna come in as +800 underdogs, which should come as no surprise. Even though they haven’t defeated Real for over a decade, they have managed to sometimes be competitive. Two draws in the last four fixtures is a significant achievement. Punters may fancy another one at +465 odds but it would take a huge defensive effort for Osasuna. Apparently, Real’s shutout drought is tipped to continue. Osasuna show -125 odds to get on the scoresheet come Sunday. The over/under goals total is set at three goals for the match. This match has finished with under three goals in four of the last six. Under three shows -115 odds to happen once again and Osasuna’s main goal threat being out certainly plays a role in that.
We also thought you might like to check these out: