NHL Thursday Matchups Results: February 16th, 2023
Overs Return to the Fold on Thursday
NHL NIGHT IN REVIEW: February 16th, 2023
The National Hockey League resumed play on Thursday night with a solid slate of eight games on the NHL Public Betting board, NHL Thursday games recap saw plenty of high-scoring action with a couple of underdog upsets. Let’s take a look at the NHL Thursday matchups results.
The St. Louis Blues picked up a 4-2 home victory over the New Jersey Devils as a +140 underdog. Forwards Jordan Kyrou and Brayden Schenn each scored a goal and an assist while goaltender Jordan Binnington made 34 saves on 36 shots faced to pick up the win in his 300th career game. New Jersey has now lost three of their last five road games, including two of three on this current four-game road trip, which concludes on Saturday afternoon against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Forward Erik Haula scored his sixth goal of the season for the Devils.
Forward Dominik Kubalik scored a pair of goals while Dylan Larkin registered three assists and goalie Magnus Hellberg earing the victory for the Detroit Red Wings, making 33 saves on 35 shots for the 5-2 win over the Calgary Flames as big +230 road underdogs. Flames netminder Dan Vladar suffered just his second regulation loss in the last 16 starts, making 19 saves on 24 shots faced. Wingers Dillon Dube and Elias Lindholm scored for Calgary, who have now lost four of their last five games.
The Carolina Hurricanes have now won nine of their last ten games after a 6-2 demolishing of the Montreal Canadiens as huge home favorites. Forward Seth Jarvis picked up a Hat Trick while Andrei Svechnikov recorded three assists. Goalie Antti Raanta made 20 saves on 22 shots faced for his 14th victory of the season. Montreal’s brief three-game win streak has been snapped to start off their four-game road trip. The Habs have now lost ten of their last 11 contests away from “La Belle Province”
Other News & Notes Around The League
- Goalie Jeremy Swayman stopped all 28 shots faced as the Boston Bruins shutout the Nashville Predators 5-0. It’s the second shutout this season and seventh of his career for Swayman. Forward Nick Foligno and defenseman Hampus Lindholm each chipped in a pair of assists while captain Patrice Bergeron scored a goal and an assist.
- The Seattle Kraken pick up a 6-2 win over the Philadelphia Flyers at home. Forward Yanni Gourde scored two goals while Jared McCann scored a shorthanded tally to open the contest. Goalie Philipp Grubauer made 17 saves on 19 shots faced for his sixth victory of the season.
- The Florida Panthers picked apart the Washington Capitals 6-3 in the Caps’ second game without captain Alex Ovechkin, who is mourning the loss of his father. Florida forward Carter Verhaeghe chipped in a pair of assists while Marc Staal, Aleksander Barkov and Sam Reinhart all scored. Sergei Bobrovsky earned his forth win in his last five starts, making 28 saves on 31 shots faced. The Panthers have now won five of their last seven games overall as they prepare for the Nashville Predators on Saturday afternoon.
- The Winnipeg Jets saw their three-game winning streak come to an end on the road as the Columbus Blue Jackets pick up the 3-1 victory as +150 underdogs. Patrik Laine scored a goal and assist while forward Kent Johnson netted the go-ahead tally, his 12th of the season. Goalie Joonas Korpisalo made 35 saves on 36 shots faced for his ninth win on the year. Forward Kyle Connor scored his 25th goal of the season for Winnipeg in the loss.
Check out all the updated National Hockey League Current NHL Standings, lineups, future odds, team stats, recent news, picks and parlays and betting tips, right here at Point Spreads.
Follow us on Twitter
Can’t get enough? Here’s more!
- Devils Stanley Cup Odds: Can We Trust the Devils With Our Money?
- NHL Tuesday Matchups Results: February 14th, 2023
- Top American NHL Players: Tkachuk Brothers Among U.S.-Born Players Lighting the Lamp
- NHL Monday Games Recap: Tim Stutzle Gives Senators the Win.
- Bruins vs. Stars Betting Preview and Prediction