Jaguars vs Saints Betting Odds
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
LAST 10 GAMES
HEAD TO HEAD
TEAM RANKED STATS
LATEST NFL NEWS
Jaguars vs Saints Highlights
In the NFL, the history of franchises such as the Jaguars vs Saints adds depth and character to the league. Today, our focus turns to these two teams, exploring their legendary players and intriguing traditions. As fans peruse the latest NFL standings, stats, and NFL schedules, we delve into the unique stories and quirks that define each team’s identity.
Key Facts of History
The Jaguars joined the NFL in 1993 as an expansion team. While they haven’t claimed a Super Bowl title, they’ve had their moments in the sun, including a trip to the AFC Championship Game in the 2017 season. The team’s mascot, Jaxson de Ville, is a fan favorite and known for his high-flying antics. .
On the other hand, the New Orleans Saints, founded in 1967, are deeply entrenched in NFL history. They have claimed a Super Bowl title, with the city’s passionate fan base known as the ‘Who Dat Nation.’ The Saints’ black and gold colors represent the vibrancy of New Orleans.
Historical & Noteworthy Players
Fred Taylor was a powerhouse running back for the Jaguars. With his impressive speed and agility, he became a crucial part of the team’s history, amassing numerous rushing yards.
As a stalwart on the offensive line, Tony Boselli was a linchpin for the Jaguars, earning multiple Pro Bowl selections during his career.
Drew Brees, the legendary quarterback, etched his name in NFL history during his time with the Saints. He led the team to a Super Bowl victory and became the league’s all-time passing leader.
Ricky Jackson, a Hall of Famer, was a force to be reckoned with on the Saints’ defense. His contributions significantly impacted the team’s fortunes.
A List of 8 Fun Facts
- Jaguars fans participate in the “Duval” chant, shouting “Duuuuval” in unison, representing their passionate dedication to the team and the city of Jacksonville.
- The Saints play their home games at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, one of the most iconic venues in all of sports.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have a dedicated fan section known as the “Teal Street Hooligans.” Situated in the north end zone of TIAA Bank Field, this spirited group of fans brings an energetic and boisterous atmosphere to home games.
- The Saints were one of the teams to play in the NFL’s first game outside the USA. The team played an exhibition game against the Eagles in Mexico City on August 5, 1978.
- Sacksonville was a nickname given to the defense of the Jacksonville Jaguars during their 2017 season.
- The Saints were established in 1966, and their name was inspired by the city’s world-famous jazz music, specifically the song “When the Saints Go Marching In.”
- The official cheerleading squad of the Jaguars, known as the Roar of the Jaguars, keeps the energy level high during games.
- The Saints have two official mascots, Sir Saint and Gumbo the Dog. Sir Saint came first and was later replaced by Gumbo. However, he was later brought back, and now both mascots help pump up fans.
As fans eagerly await NFL scores and NFL odds for each upcoming showdown, it’s the enduring traditions and unique rituals associated with the Jaguars vs Saints matchup that keep the spirit of the game alive.