Chicago Bears vs Saints Betting Odds
RETURN ON INVESTMENT
LAST 10 GAMES
HEAD TO HEAD
TEAM RANKED STATS
LATEST NFL NEWS
Chicago Bears vs Saints Highlights
The history of NFL matchups is a load of legendary moments and iconic franchises. Today, we dive into the rich history of the Bears vs Saints rivalry, exploring the origins of these teams, their historical star NFL players, and even some fascinating quirks. This analysis will shed light on the unique aspects that make this matchup special.
Understanding these franchises fully requires keeping an eye on NFL standings, NFL stats, and NFL schedules. The Bears vs Saints rivalry is steeped in tradition and has given fans plenty to cheer about over the years.
Key Facts of History
The Bears, founded in 1920, are one of the oldest and most storied franchises in the league. Known for their intimidating defense and iconic blue and orange uniforms, the Bears have won multiple NFL championships and a Super Bowl.
The Saints, established in 1967, are a relatively newer franchise, known for their spirited fan base and the distinctive fleur-de-lis symbol. They achieved NFL greatness with a Super Bowl victory.
Historical & Noteworthy Players
Walter Payton: Walter Payton, often called “Sweetness,” was a running back who personified the Bears’ gritty and tough style of play. His elusive running and record-breaking career made him a beloved figure in Chicago sports history.
Mike Singletary: Mike Singletary was the heart of the Bears’ legendary defense. His ferocious tackling and leadership skills earned him multiple Pro Bowl selections and a reputation as one of the best linebackers in NFL history.
Drew Brees: Drew Brees was the face of the Saints for over a decade. His precision passing and ability to rally his team to victory made him a beloved figure in New Orleans. Brees led the Saints to their first-ever Super Bowl victory.
Rickey Jackson: Rickey Jackson was a dominant linebacker for the Saints. His remarkable career included six Pro Bowl selections and a Super Bowl win with the Saints.
A List of 8 Fun Facts
- The Cubs “GSH” logo on the sleeve of their uniforms stands for George Stanley Halas.
- The Saints play their home games at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, one of the most iconic venues in all of sports.
- George Halas is known as “Papa Bear” and was instrumental in the formation of the NFL.
- The Saints were one of the teams to play in the NFL’s first game outside the USA. The team played an exhibition game against the Eagles in Mexico City on August 5, 1978.
- The Bears have one of the greatest rivalries in the NFL with the Green Bay Packers.
- The Saints have two official mascots, Sir Saint and Gumbo the Dog. Sir Saint came first and was later replaced by Gumbo. However, he was later brought back, and now both mascots help pump up fans.
- Their mascot, Staley Da Bear, was named after the team’s original founder and first coach, A.E. Staley.
- The Saints were established in 1966, and their name was inspired by the city’s world-famous jazz music, specifically the song “When the Saints Go Marching In.”
The Bears vs Saints rivalry is a blend of history, legendary players, and spirited traditions. As you keep an eye on NFL scores, NFL odds, and NFL standings, remember that this matchup carries a heritage that transcends the field.